Whether you're already a fan, though, or still need to read the book, I thought it would be fun to "talk" to Griffin Valentino, alien pop star and fashion obsessive, about fashion. Perfect timing, with New York City Fashion Week upon us!
Read on for some spacey fashion talk...
Q: Have you been to any runway shows yet?
GV: No, unfortunately I have not, but you can invite me to one, if you'd like. And please tell Karl Lagerfeld that he can invite me to Chanel whenever he wants. I'll sit front row for him.
Q: Is Chanel the design house you'd most like to attend a runway show for?
GV: Well, they're Chanel, aren't they? I'd love to see Dior, too, and Balmain. And Versace. McQueen. And Armani! There's a lot of them I'd like to see.
Q: What designers do you like wearing?
GV: I'm a famous pop star, so I only wear the best clothes. Whatever's best, I'll put it on. And I like anything that David Bowie would approve of.
Q: What are your personal style rules?
- If you like a color, you can wear it. Even better, if you like loads of colors, you can wear them all!
- Anything can sparkle, including your shoes, and your underpants. And your hair.
- Eyeliner gives you rock edge.
- Become Karl Lagerfeld's muse so you can get loads of free clothes! (Still working on this one, myself)
- You don't have to be a girl to wear clothes that are meant for girls. Do you honestly think David Bowie would let such a trivial detail stop him from being fabulous? Speaking of Bowie:
- Always ask yourself if David Bowie would wear it. If he would, you are clearly doing something right. Better yet, ask yourself if I would wear it!
- Prints are nice. Loads of prints together are even better!
- Purple sweaters are very stylish, no matter what Daisy Kirkwood tells you.
- High heeled boots will make you look taller and sexier. If it works for Prince, it works for you.
- Wear a necklace with something that reminds you of home. It will keep you centered and give you energy when you're feeling sad or tired.