Saturday, August 1, 2015

No Joking, You Need to Run and Buy This Mascara NOW!!

Alright, so not long ago I told you about Roller Lash, the amazing mascara from Benefit that curls your lashes and stays put throughout the day. It's awesome stuff, and I <3 it.

Despite my powerful brand loyalty, though, yesterday I took a chance on a new product that I had heard good things about, picking up the Physician's Formula Eye Booster Instant Lash Extension Kit.

Oh. My. God.

This was totally my reaction:


My eyelashes went from little yellow-white-invisible strands of nonexistent hair-stuff to celebrity glam in seconds. I was so impressed that I ran to the nearest person in the vicinity (sister) and forced her to stare at my eyelashes for longer than is comfortably necessary. I did a happy dance. I thanked any deity that would listen. My sister was super impressed but also asked if she could stop staring at my lashes.



And this morning I decided to make a physical record of the before and after for your perusal.

 

 
(This is pre-Eye Booster me. Note the sad 'diet advertisement at 1:30am' lighting. Note the lack of eyelashes. Note the general sadness of my face. A tragedy, right?)
 
If you're like me, you may feel suspicious of how easy this miracle product is to use. Nothing this incredible can be made of mortal ingredients or applied with the hands of a mere human, right? But no, it's actually pretty foolproof. You apply the mascara first, just like you would with any boring old normal mascara. Even just by itself, the mascara base/top coat makes your lashes look pretty nice, but it's this next step that changes EVERYTHING.
 
There's a tiny bottle of faerie dust-- errr, fiber extensions. Basically you unscrew the top, shake the wand a little to get off the excess magic (which there is a LOT of, so don't skip this step like I did, or you'll look like there are millions of legs from newborn spiders just chilling on your cheekbones), and sweep the wand across your lashes like you do with mascara. Then, quickly, grab that mascara again and sweep it over top to set everything. If you want to go for broke like I did, repeat steps 2 and 3 again.
 
 
(This is me after the miracle formula has been applied. Note the beautiful sunlight haloing my head. Note the smirk of a woman who has badass lashes. Note the 'after a serious fad diet' pose. It's that good. I swear.)





 
Another awesome thing about this product? It doesn't smear off like a lot of other mascaras I've tried. I'll get back to you next time I wear it for a sad movie or while hugging a hottie, but for now I'll just declare it to be relatively resilient, and basically perfect in every way. (Mary Poppins would agree)
 

 
(An actual gif of me after using this product)
 
 

You can pick it up at your local drugstore or makeup store, or over here. I do warn you, though, you may find yourself getting stopped in public by people admiring your lashes, or being mistaken for Adele/Twiggy/that-mean-girl-in-high-school-who-had amazing-eyelashes, while you're just trying to pick up some Brussels sprouts. Use with caution. And stockpile.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment