Thursday, February 9, 2017

MUA February: Jamie Lynn Maynard

Your name: Jamie Lynn Maynard
Your IG: @jlynnmaynard
Your Twitter: JamieLMaynard1


Where are you from? Mount Pleasant, MI

What made you fall in love with makeup and beauty? What made me fall in love with the beauty industry (makeup and beauty) is the fact that it allows so many people to truly be themselves. However you feel that day you can create a look that perfectly represents what you are feeling at that exact moment in time.

What is your go-to moisturizer? Allure Medical Spa's Face Silk. It is an amazing moisturizer that I purchase at my plastic surgeon's office in Shelby Township, MI. 

Matte lips or lip gloss? Matte. I like a glossy lip once in awhile but I need longevity in my line of work (professional Hairstylist\Makeup Artist).



What time period in beauty do you most wish you could live in for  a few days? I would love to go back to the 60's and 70's when the mod look was really in. Big doll eyes, intense graphic winged liner, simple flawless clean complexion, just a touch of color to the cheeks. I love those looks.

Favorite beauty IGs to follow: @mua_underdogs @jamiegenevieve @jaclynhill @itslilchaos

Best way for fans to keep up with what you're doing? To follow all my social networks. I try really hard to update all of them, so my followers and subscribers know what is going on in my life right at that moment. I upload my YouTube once or twice a week, but I'm constantly posting throughout the day to my IG and Twitter



What is your advice for plus sized fashionistas who want to look and feel fabulous? Be comfortable in the skin you're in. I may not be plus sized but I am a size 8/10 and I do crossfit. Being a girl with thicker thighs and a voluptuous booty really can make me feel like I am on the outside of what is acceptable. I do feel now, any size, shape, and color is acceptable and if you are confident in the skin that you are in and love yourself, the entire world is going to love you back. Be unapologetic about who you are, because being you is what matters most.

What can we do, right now, to make the world a better place? Let go of being so judgmental. We are sadly a world right now that will take something so small that someone said or did and cut them into as small of pieces as we can. We need to stop doing that. We need to come together as a community and build each other up. And always give constructive criticism to help people become better and grow as a person, instead of beating them down and making them go back into their shell. We have created so much hate, and it's time to create more love and support. 


What's your favorite...
Red lipstick? Jeffree Star Cosmetics Designer Blood
Song, currently? Lukas Graham You're Not There
Website for buying beauty? Sephora, Ulta, and a lot of the smaller independent brands like Lime Crime, Gerard Cosmetics, and Jeffree Star Cosmetics
Nail polish? Harmony Gelish Gel Polish in the shade Twinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment